The CPPeel® family of lidding solutions gives manufacturers a better option for sealing, protecting and marketing food products. CPPeel film solutions are primarily based on polypropylene resins in a cast film process and are fully recyclable. CPPeel film solutions are an alternative to lidding films made of aluminum, metallized PET or paper/PE lids. Our sealant layer can be designed to be universal and will seal to a wide range of materials including polypropylene, polystyrene and PET.
Consumers are demanding recyclable and sustainable packaging solutions.
Polypropylene does not react with lactic acid and allows use of metal detectors.
Brighter, crisper graphics on polypropylene lids boosts product appeal.
- Polypropylene cups sealed with polypropylene peelable lids are 100% recyclable.
- Existing aluminum peelable lidding films can leave aluminum residues on the sealing edge, preventing cups from being recycled even if the aluminum lid is removed.
- Metal detectors can be used on products sealed with polypropylene.
- Meets all food safety regulations and requirements.
- No sharp-edged sealing rim.
- Suitable for use in microwave ovens.
- Polypropylene does not react with lactic acid, is solvent-free and is more neutral towards packaged food.
- Suitable for peelable lidding applications such as yogurt, cream cheese, instant soups, margarine, desserts, salads, sour cream or whipped cream, etc.
- Can be used with corrosive foods such as paprika or tomato spreads.
- Colors appear crisper and brighter on CPPeel lids thanks to the film’s white base.
- Boost the packaged product’s appeal on the refrigerated supermarket shelf and grab the shopper’s attention.
- CPPeel lids, sealed with the newly developed sealing technology, have a perfect, visually appealing sealing result.
- CPPeel lids can be heat-sealed to food containers without applying solvent-based heat-sealing lacquers.
- Lids do not need to be embossed after printing.
- Significantly less energy required to produce plastic films compared to aluminum films.
- Reduced damaged seals and leaked food contents.
- CPPeel lids adhere tightly to the rims of food containers and have a high puncture resistance.
- Consumers appreciate how polypropylene lids peel off containers smoothly and residual-free.