CPPeel® D dairy lidding film is an excellent alternative to aluminum, metalized PET, or paper/polyethylene lidding materials for sealing, protecting, and marketing food products. CPPeel® D is a cast polypropylene film specially engineered as a mono material lidding film. When sealed to a polypropylene cup or tray, your full package becomes recyclable.
The carbon footprint of CPPeel® D lidding is four times lower than that of aluminum foil. In fact, we were awarded the 2020 German Sustainability Prize for our CPPeel® D lidding film.
CPPeel® 200 Peelable Lidding Film
CPPeel® 200 is a cast polypropylene film specially engineered for lidding film. Our film can be custom formulated for various peel strengths or adhesion levels. Formulations available to adhere to polypropylene and polyethylene trays or cups. CPPeel® 200 is easy to seal and provides a clean peel.
Key characteristics include:
- 100% recyclable
- Consistent peel strength and adhesion levels
- Ability to be heat sealed to containers without the need for solvent-based heat-sealing lacquers
The sealant layer can be designed for universal use and sealed to a range of materials, including polypropylene, PET and polystyrene. Suitable applications for these peelable lids include yogurt, cream cheese, instant soups, margarine, desserts, salads, sour cream or whipped cream, etc.
- Polypropylene cups sealed with polypropylene peelable lids are 100% recyclable.
- Existing aluminum peelable lidding films can leave aluminum residues on the sealing edge, preventing cups from being recycled even if the aluminum lid is removed.
- Colors appear crisper and brighter on CPPeel® D lids thanks to the film’s white base and improved surface versus aluminum.
- Boost the packaged product’s shelf appeal
- CPPeel® D lids, sealed with the newly developed patented sealing technology, have a visually appealing sealing result.
- CPPeel® D lids can be heat-sealed to food containers without applying solvent-based heat-sealing lacquers.
- Lids do not need to be embossed after printing.
- Significantly less energy required to produce plastic films compared to aluminum films.
- CPPeel® D lidding adheres tightly to the rims of food containers
- High puncture resistance vs foil lidding
- Consumers appreciate how polypropylene lids peel off containers smoothly and clean.
- Metal detectors can be used on products sealed with polypropylene lidding.
- Meets all food safety regulations and requirements.
- Suitable for use in microwave ovens.
- Polypropylene does not react with lactic acid, is solvent-free and is more neutral towards packaged food.
- Can be used with corrosive foods such as paprika or tomato spreads.
- Suitable for lamination to reverse printed film or surface printed
- Typical peel force 4–6 N/15 mm (depending on sealing conditions)
- Customized seal strengths available upon request for suitable applications
- Typical thickness range: for lamination 30–60 µm (1.2–2.4 mil), non-laminate coextruded 80–100 µm (3.2–4 mil)