CPPeel® D dairy lidding film is an excellent alternative to aluminum, metalized PET, or paper/polyethylene lidding materials for sealing, protecting, and marketing food products. CPPeel® D is specially engineered as a mono material lidding film; therefore when sealed to a polypropylene cup or tray, your full package becomes recycle ready.
The carbon footprint of CPPeel® D lidding is four times lower than that of aluminum foil. In fact, we were awarded the 2020 German Sustainability Prize for our CPPeel® D lidding film.
Key characteristics include:
- 100% recyclable
- Consistent peel strength and adhesion levels
- Ability to be heat sealed to containers without the need for solvent-based heat-sealing lacquers
Suitable applications for these peelable lids include yogurt, cream cheese, instant soups, margarine, desserts, salads, sour cream or whipped cream, etc.
- Polypropylene cups sealed with polypropylene peelable lids are 100% recyclable
- Existing aluminum peelable lidding films can leave aluminum residues on the sealing edge, preventing cups from being recycled even if the aluminum lid is removed
- Significantly less energy required to produce plastic films compared to aluminum films
- Colors appear crisper and brighter on CPPeel® D lids thanks to the film’s white base and improved surface versus aluminum.
- Boost the packaged product’s shelf appeal
- CPPeel® D lids, sealed with the newly developed patented sealing technology, have a visually appealing sealing result
- CPPeel® D lids can be heat-sealed to food containers without applying solvent-based heat-seal lacquers
- Lids do not require embossing after printing but can be embossed if preferred
- CPPeel® D lidding adheres tightly to the rims of food containers
- High puncture resistance vs. foil lidding
- Metal detectors can be used on products sealed with polypropylene lidding
- Meets all food safety regulations and requirements
- Polypropylene does not react with lactic acid, is solvent-free and is more neutral towards packaged food
- Excellent ink adhesion for surface print
- Typical peel force 4–6 N/15 mm (depending on sealing conditions)
- 100µm for diecut lid application, 80 µm for roll fed